Chartwells are the catering suppliers for Balshaw's Church of England High School.
NEW PARENTSCOPE GUIDE FOR PARENTS - OCTOBER 2017
We are pleased to let you know that, you can now view your child’s purchases from the school canteen on-line. Please see this ParentScope Guide for Parents which explains how to access the facility. The following link will take you to the Parent Login – Balshaw School page from where you can create an account: http://www.lcrltd.com/balshaw .
Please note that you will need to contact school for your child’s UPN number as this will be asked for when you are creating an account and you do not need to be registered for on-line payments via ParentPay. Please telephone 01772 421009.
Menus from September 2017
You can see the weekly menu options from September 2017 here.
The price list is available for you to see here or below:
Fairtrade Fortnight - Monday 27th February 2017 until Friday 10th March 2017
We have lots of fabulous Fairtrade fun organised for #Fairtradefortnight.
Chartwells are making scrumptious cakes with Fairtrade ingredients, selling delicious hot chocolate and a number of lucky customers will be getting a free banana!
Fun into Food
Year 7 and 8 students are taking part in a cookery session called 'Fun into Food' on Friday 18th November 2016.
There will be a visiting chef from Chartwells called James Plumridge. He will be bringing all the ingredients and two kitchens!
It promises to be a fun and informative event.
Staff from Chartwells provided a spooky menu on Thursday 27th October 2016 and dressed up for the occasion too!
- All of the food prepared with seasonally fresh, locally sourced high quality ingredients
- Trinity menu with delicious hearty and wholesome meals to try - for example - Penne Pasta Vegetable Bake, Roast topside of Beef with Crispy Roast Potatoes, or Chilli with rice
- Cool drinking water, yoghurt and fresh fruit are available daily
- A brand new grab and go offer with a range of items to choose from
- Trattoria Pizza, our exciting Pizza offer- great to tear and share at lunchtime!
- A great range of high street brands at real value
- Freshly made Paninis with a variety of fillings
Chartwells operates a cashless system and the three methods by which to pay are as follows:
- Online payment using Parent Pay. Our Catering Manger can provide a code for this if required
- Cheques made payable to Chartwells
- There are payment machines near to the dining room. Students can add money to their own account using these machines and their pin number. The Catering Manager can provide pin numbers if required
If you require any further information then please feel free to call our Regional Manager, Rhianna Thompson, on 07900588904. In the meantime, if you would like to find out more about us, please find as at http://www.eatlearnlive.co.uk/.
The Chartwells Team
REWARDS DAY @ BALSHAW'S
There will be a delicious selection of international street food on rewards day, Monday 18th July 2016.
HEALTHY EATING POLICY
Please see Chartwells Healthy Eating Policy here.
THE EATWELL GUIDE
There is a new UK healthy eating model called The Eatwell Guide and as a School we are supporting this.
In the guide it tells us the following.
- Eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day
- Base meals on potatoes, bread, rice, pasta or other starchy carbohydrates; choosing higher fibre or wholegrain versions where possible
- Have some dairy or dairy alternatives (such as soya drinks); choosing lower fat and lower sugar options
- Eat some beans, pulses, fish, eggs, meat and oterh protieans each day, e.g. tofu, mycoprotein (include two portions of fish every week, one of which should be oily)
- Choose unsaturated oils and spreads and eat in small amounts
- Drink 6-8 cups/glasses of fluid a day
There is a large Eatwell Guide poster on display in our dining rooms that everyone in School can see. We also have information on our electronic display screens in School.
You can find out more information by following the external links below:
Webinars – www.foodafactoflife.org.uk
Further detailed information about the Eatwell Guide: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/goodfood/Pages/the-eatwell-guide.aspx