NSPCC Number Day 2023!
3 February 2023
We supported the NSPCC Number Day 2023.
There were a range of exciting mathematical activities, including the following:
- Daily Tutor Challenges
- Daily Puzzle - was sent to student email addresses every day. Each puzzle was a 1 digit answer. At the end of the week students were asked to take all 5 digits to Room 51 to be entered into a prize draw
- MENSA Beat the Teacher took place on Friday 3rd February at lunchtime. The teams did a splendid job and there was a large crowd of spectators to cheer them on. The winning team is shown below!
- Number Hunt - students were sent a question sheet and asked to hunt down certain numbers worn by staff in school. Completed sheets were handed in to room 51 to be entered into the prize draw
- Poster Competition - our Year 7 students were asked to create a poster titled 'Where's the Maths in that?' showing where Maths is used in their everyday lives. We are looking for the most unique, creative and informative posters. Prizes will be awarded and the winning entries will be displayed on the Math's corridor. Winning entries will be posted soon!
- Our Maths staff wore 'mathematical' outfits on the day too!
You can see some photographs below:
NSPCC Number Day 2023
You can read more about the NSPCC Number Day here.